Sunday, 6 July 2008

Choosing our tiles

Met up with our ID early in the morning to choose the tiles for the living area. Our package only covered for homo tiles up to $2.80 psf so we may need to top up a hundred or two. Initial idea was to choose matte tiles for child-friendly but we can't find anything nice (it either looked like cardboard paper or too coarse) even after seeing 10 of them. Giving up, we decide to look at some of the glossy ones and found our ideal piece. It cost $3.20 and it wasn't as slippery as I thought unless there is water on it. Our total selection time took about 35 minutes.

While driving to our house later on, our ID shown us a tentative schedule he drew up as well as some amended drawings. I was quite pleased with the revised dining area but still have some comments on his feature wall for my living room. Nevertheless I hope we could fix that. We also told him to offset our shower screen for the common toilet for the service yard windows as we felt that a shower curtain seemed to be more practical at this point.

Up till now, I am still not sure if I want to do a custom TV console for my MBR as I am not confident of getting an off the rack one for our limited space. Definitely something to think about which was why I decided to let them do our side tables. I will be buying a bed frame as I wanted fabric/PVC leather headboard and sides cos clumsy me always knock into the sharp edges of the wood.

We briefly talked about the electrical planning and arranged to meet up with the electrician for a quotation tomorrow. I don't think we need any extra electrical points except for my WIW and altar. More updates tomorrow.

No comments: