Saw on the forum that there is an exhibition at Expo this week, so we went down to take a look and gathered some ideas. Was surprised that the Robinsons Sale is held there as well as the Angela Zhang concert. Luckily we still managed to get a parking lot despite all the traffic.
Before this, Jim and I had already agreed to engage a contractor to do the renovation. I will be in charge of sourcing for the design and colors. Thus, with a mattress purchased, naturally the next to look out for is a nice bed frame to fit it. There was a booth right in the middle of the hall which customized bed frame in either fabric or PU. The offer price was $1599 with a storage space underneath. Both of us cannot come to a conclusion on having a storage a not, therefore we could not commit on the spot. I don't think I could afford to say yes and later changed my mind as they may request more money for the additional stuff and it's either we take it or forfeit our deposit. Moreover, we consulted his brother and the price was a bit steep.
Anyway, we were not really keen on approaching any of the IDs there since our contractor was a recommendation. While trying to "steal" ideas, we were approached by a guy from V***** Interiors. He offered to size up a quotation and drawings based on our requirements, no deposit needed. He seemed quite new and I suspected he was more a sales person than design. Another interesting thing is, he kept telling us not to call him after 10pm as he will be sleeping and he don't want to speak to us subconsciously. I don't really believed that as usually they tell you that to ensure you will not disturb them after work. So what if I discovered something not right in the midst of renovating which needs to be rectified immediately next morning? * minus brownie points already* Only plus point about him is his enthusiasm and not so pushy.
At the back of the hall are two showrooms by different IDs. We were thinking of following others in so that we won't be "targeted". Haha... bad idea as we got "exposed" when we were just walking into the kitchen area after bypassing the living room. So there we go again, being ushered to sit down and "chit chat". Why I decided to give them a chance in the first place, was because I remembered seeing a fellow forumer's house which was done by them last year. It gave me a good impression that a 4 room unit can also looked like a condo apartment. Alas, sad to say the guy who entertained us only left a bad impression.
First, he kept asking us questions and asked us to commit to two packages so that they could do the additional requirements with the 2nd package. What my thinking was, wasn't it supposed to be taking on one package and adding extra stuff? The two packages already over our budget and with no quotation and drawings shown yet. When Jim needs to excuse himself, I had simply nothing to talk with this guy cos all he did was asked me what I want and filling in forms. After leaving our contact details, Jim told me right away there is no need to consider.
By then, we were very tired already. I was keen on going back, then Jim stopped and asked me if I was still interested to look at OC. I had told him about the designs they did which also don't come cheap, and I wasn't sure if the ID I was looking for is around. While pausing at the booth, we were again targeted and ushered in by a lady who gave us their brochure in exchange for our floor plan. I asked the lady if Amos was around. We soon found ourselves talking comfortably with him and he doesn't made us felt like filling in survey forms, like the earlier two did. It was a fair exchanging of ideas and suggestions. He gave answers for our questions and also drafted out a rough quotation for our additional requirements. Guess who we chose in the end?
Monday, 2 June 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment